– The work varies depending on the place, season, and host’s situation. WWOOF KOREA has not only vegetable farms but also hosts such as stock farm, school, temple, community, etc.
– There’s not exactly “when”.
The earlier you contact, the more easily you can get appointment.
– If you don’t get a response after about three days, contact WWOOF Korea (email@example.com).
WWOOF Korea text message to the host and ask to reply to you quickly.
– If you get appointment with a host, try to remind the host at least three day before you leave for the meeting place.
– No worries! Many hosts know some English. However, we strongly recommend you to learn Korean if you want to fully enjoy your stay.
It will help you A LOT.
– Your cooperation and a sense of responsibility is more important than Korean language skills.
Many international WWOOFers enjoy their WWOOFing in Korea even though they are not good at Korean.
– If the host cannot read and write English at all, use “Google translate” on the internet.
Make it clear and concise so that the host will not get discouraged from replying to you quickly.
If you cannot reach the page “CONTACT THIS HOST” for some reason,
please send us WWOOFing request from HERE.
We will send the request host on behalf of you and fix the problem.
Note the request will be ignored if you are not a registered member.
– Once you become a member, you must choose a host and contact them on your own.
However, we are more than happy to help if you have any problems.
– Gloves, cap/hat, clothes, shoes/boots, towels, toiletries, etc.
– Please keep in mind: You are going to HELP host(s). Don’t expect host to prepare everything for you..
– It depends. Some welcome short stays, some don’t.
Please check of Welcoming Short-term(2-3days) WWOOFers
– Yes, but try NOT to decide before you meet your host.
– We recommend that you see if you really want to keep staying there and discuss with the host before deciding.
Korean Tourism Organization(KTO) provides free Tourist Information / Translation call service.
It is open 24 hours.
– Regular Phone: 1330
– Cellular Phone: 02-1330
– From Abroad: 82-2-1330
– The work hours are based on the agreement between the WWOOFer and host. Make sure to decide on work hours on the first day at the host’s place..
– Keep in mind that the average work hour that WWOOF Korea recommends is a half-day(4-6 hours).
– First, make sure all of you are registered members.
– In host Contact Form, put basic information (name, email, etc.) of one of the members first, and membership numbers of all.
– Write basic information and self-introduction of each person in the section of “Self-introduction and message for the host”. Make sure to write tidy so that the host will easily grasp you.
Those who are under the age of 18 should be accompanied with a guardian. Those who are under the age 9 cannot join WWOOF in Korea even if accompanied with a guardian.
Yes!! We would love your reviews and high resolution pictures highlighting your WWOOF experience with us!
If you are interested in helping us more, please contact us!
We especially welcome those who are good at:
– video making
– photo taking
– writing, blogging
– web related staffs